Agenda Items for NAC Meeting: 3% Increment at all stages
New Delhi: Shiva Gopal Mishra, Secretary, National Council (Staff Side) Joint Consultative Machinery, For Central Government Employees has submitted fifteen important items for inclusion in the agenda for the National Anomaly Committee meeting based on 7th CPC Anomaly on August 16, 2017 to Dy. Secretary - JCA, Department of Personnel & Training.
Item No:2 : 3% Increment at all stages
In Para 5.1.21, the Commission has stated that it has constructed the Pay Matrix, which has two dimensions i.e. horizontal and vertical ranges. The vertical range is supposed to denote the pay progression with the level. The steps are to reflect the annual forward progression of three per cent in each level. More specifically under the Caption “Annual increment” in Para 5.1.38, the Commission has emphatically stated that the annual increment is being retained at 3 percent.
In the forward to the report, the Chairman Justice Shri AK Mathur (Para 1.19) writes “the prevailing rate of increment is considered quite satisfactory and has been retained”. This apart in para 4.1.17, the Commission states that the various stages within a level moves upward @ 3% p.a.
Having stated categorically that a Govt servant must get his annual increment @3% of his pay, the recommendation that one’s pay on award of annual increment must move to the next cell in the matrix would become tenable only if the difference between the two cells is more than 3% of the Pay of the Govt servant.
From the chart annexed it could be seen that it is not so at many stages warranting a revision of the Pay Matrix at those level, where the employee gets less than 3% as has annual increment when he moves on to the next higher stage in the matrix.
ILLUSTRATION –I – LOSS IN INCREMENT
Items for inclusion in the agenda for the National Anomaly Committee meeting.
- 7th CPC 15 items of agenda for National Anomaly Committee Meeting - NC JCM Staff Side
- Agenda Item No 1: Anomaly in computation of Minimum Wage
- Agenda Item No 2: 3% Increment at all stages
- Agenda Item No 3: Removal of condition of 3% stipulated to grant bunching benefit
- Agenda Item No 4: Fixation of Pay on Promotion
- Agenda Item No 5: Removal of Anomaly in Pay Matrix
- Agenda Item No 6: Anomaly due to index rationalization
- Agenda Item No 7: Anomaly arising from the decision to reject option No.1 in pension fixation
- Agenda Item No 8: Lesser Pay in higher Level of Pay Matrix
- Agenda Item No 9: Bunching of steps in the Revised Pay structure
- Agenda Item No 10: Minimum Pension
- Agenda Item No 11: Date of Effect of Allowances – HRA, Transport Allowance, CEA etc.
- Agenda Item No 12: Parity in Pay Scale between Sr Auditor/Sr Accountant of IA&AD
- Agenda Item No 13: Parity in Pay Scales between Assistants/Stenographers
- Agenda Item No 14: Grant of GP 5400 to Senior Section Officer of Railways & AAOs of IA&AD
- Agenda Item No 15: Technical Supervisors of Railways
Source : Click here to view/downlaod pdf