Bunching of steps in the Revised Pay structure is important items for inclusion in the agenda for the National Anomaly Committee meeting based on 7th CPC Anomaly.
New Delhi: Shiva Gopal Mishra, Secretary, National Council (Staff Side) Joint Consultative Machinery, For Central Government Employees has submitted fifteen important items for inclusion in the agenda for the National Anomaly Committee meeting based on 7th CPC Anomaly on August 16, 2017 to Dy. Secretary - JCA, Department of Personnel & Training.
In para 5.1.36, the 7 CPC envisaged that
Although the rationalisation has been done with utmost care to ensure minimum bunching at most levels, however if situation does arise whenever more than two stages are bunched together, one additional increment equal to 3 percent may be given for every two stages bunched, and pay fixed in the subsequent cell in the pay matrix”.
To give effect to the recommendations, orders were issued vide No.1-6/2016-IC dated 7.9.2016 by the Deptt of Expr-IC.
In consonance with the recommendation, the said order stipulated that officers drawing pay where the difference is less than 3% shall not be entitled for this benefit.
However vide order No 1-6/2016-IC dated 03.08.2017, DOE, IC issued a clarification which was virtually to wipe off the benefit to a large number of employees. They placed 4 (four) conditions for the grant of Bunching benefit as under.
i) Benefit on account of bunching is to be extended when two or more stages get bunched. (ii) Benefit of one increment is to be extended on account of bunching of every two consecutive stages. (iii) As stipulated in MoF OM dated 07 09.2016, a difference of 3% to be reckoned for determination of consecutive pay stages, specific to each employee. (iv) All pay stages lower than the Entry pay in the 6th CPC pay structure indicated in the pay Matrix contained in the 7th cpc Report are not to be taken into account for determining the extent of bunching.
Condition No (iv) has been incorporated as an afterthought it must be construed as one contradictory to the very intention expressed in clear terms by the Commission.
The Staff Side demands that the condition No (iv) in the order cited may be deleted so as to provide the benefit of Bunching to all deserving employees.
Items for inclusion in the agenda for the National Anomaly Committee meeting.
- 7th CPC 15 items of agenda for National Anomaly Committee Meeting - NC JCM Staff Side
- Agenda Item No 1: Anomaly in computation of Minimum Wage
- Agenda Item No 2: 3% Increment at all stages
- Agenda Item No 3: Removal of condition of 3% stipulated to grant bunching benefit
- Agenda Item No 4: Fixation of Pay on Promotion
- Agenda Item No 5: Removal of Anomaly in Pay Matrix
- Agenda Item No 6: Anomaly due to index rationalization
- Agenda Item No 7: Anomaly arising from the decision to reject option No.1 in pension fixation
- Agenda Item No 8: Lesser Pay in higher Level of Pay Matrix
- Agenda Item No 9: Bunching of steps in the Revised Pay structure
- Agenda Item No 10: Minimum Pension
- Agenda Item No 11: Date of Effect of Allowances – HRA, Transport Allowance, CEA etc.
- Agenda Item No 12: Parity in Pay Scale between Sr Auditor/Sr Accountant of IA&AD
- Agenda Item No 13: Parity in Pay Scales between Assistants/Stenographers
- Agenda Item No 14: Grant of GP 5400 to Senior Section Officer of Railways & AAOs of IA&AD
- Agenda Item No 15: Technical Supervisors of Railways
Source : Click here to view/downlaod pdf