FAQ on Grievances Redress Mechanism in Government of India




1. What are the contact details of the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances? 
  • Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, 5th floor, Sardar Patel Bhavan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi - 110001. Website: www.darpg.gov.in  Tele fax – 23741006 
2. Where can the grievances be sent? 

The grievances can be sent to :
  • a) The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.(DAR&PG) (http://pgportal.gov.in) 
  • b) The Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare.(DP&PW) (http://pgportal.gov.in/pension/) The above nodal agencies receive grievances online through http://pgportal.gov.in as well as by post or by hand in person, from the public. 
3. How do I lodge the grievance? 
  • The grievances can be lodged online on pgportal.gov.in. In cases where internet facility is not available or even otherwise, the citizen is free to send her/his grievance by Post. There is no prescribed format. The grievance may be written on any plain sheet of paper or on a Postcard / Inland letter and addressed to the Department. 
4. What happens when I lodge the grievance? 
  • The grievance is acknowledged online or by post. A unique registration number is given to each grievance. 

5. How do I track my grievance? 
  • It may be tracked on the pgportal by clicking view status and entering the unique registration number. 
6. What happens to the grievances? How are the grievances dealt with in Central Ministries/Departments? 
  • Every Central Ministry / Department has designated a Joint Secretary or a Director / Deputy Secretary, as its ‘Director of Grievances’. He / She is the nodal officer for redress of grievances on work areas allocated to that particular Ministry / Department 
7. After redress, can the grievance be re-opened for further correspondence about it having been closed without details etc.? 
  • No. In such situations, the citizen will have to lodge a fresh grievance drawing reference to the closed grievance, and call for details. Sometimes, the details are sent by post and mentioned in the final report. The postal delivery may be awaited before lodging a fresh grievance. 
8. What are the contact details of the Nodal Officers of Public Grievances in Ministries/Departments?
  • The list is accessible on the Department’s website at www.darpg.nic.in and at www.pgportal.gov.in. In addition to this, it is also available in the Citizen’s Charter of the Ministries/Departments hosted on their websites. 
9. What is the system of granting personal hearing on grievances? 
  • Every Wednesday of the week has been earmarked for receiving and hearing of grievances by the Director of Public Grievances in person. 
10. What are the types of grievances which are not taken up for redress by the Department? 
  • (a). Subjudice cases or any matter concerning judgment given by any court. 
  • (b). Personal and family disputes. 
  • (c). RTI matters. 
  • (d). Anything that impacts upon territorial integrity of the country or friendly relations with other countries. 
11. What is the role of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) with reference to the grievances concerning Central Ministries/Departments/ Organizations? 

Also Read: Sukanya Samriddhi Account Rules 2016 - Amendments in statutory rules by Ministry of Finance (DEA)
  • The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances is the chief policy making, monitoring and coordinating Department for public grievances arising from the work of  Ministries/Departments/Organizations of the Government of India. The grievances received in the department are forwarded to the  Ministries/Departments concerned. Redressal of grievances is done by respective Ministries/Departments in a decentralized manner. The Department periodically reviews the status of redressal of public grievances under CPGRAMS of Ministries/Departments for speedy disposal of grievances / complaints. 
12. What is the role of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) with reference to the grievances concerning State Government? 
  • All grievances relating to State Governments / Union Territory Administrations and Government of NCT Region of Delhi, are sent to the State/ UT/ NCT Government concerned. Citizens may take up matter regarding pendency of their grievances directly with the State Government concerned also. 

13. What is the time limit for redress of grievance? 
  • Sixty (60) days. In case of delay an interim reply with reasons for delay is required to be given. 

14. What action can be taken by me in case of non- redress of my grievance within the prescribed time? 
  • You may take up the matter with the Director of Public Grievances of the Ministry/Department concerned whose details are available on the pgportal. 
Source: Download PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment