DDOS TO OBTAIN EVIDENCE/PROOF OF CLAIMS:
For the purpose of estimating income of the assesse or computing tax deductions, section 192(2D) provides that person responsible for paying (DDOs) shall obtain from the assessee evidence or proof or particular of claims such as House rent Allowance (where aggregate annual rent exceeds one lakh rupees); Deduction of interest under the head "Income from house property" and deduction under Chapter VI-A as per the prescribed form 12BB laid down by Rule 26C of the Rules.
Further, as per section 192 (2D) read with the rule 26C, it is mandatory for the DDOs to obtain details/evidence in respect of claim of exemption for leave travel concession or assistance before allowing the said exemption. The relevant form for furnishing details by employee is Form 12BB.
- Rates of Income-Tax as per Finance Act, 2018 – IT Circular 1/2019
- TDS from Salaries – IT Circular 1/2019 [BROAD SCHEME OF TAX DEDUCTION AT SOURCE FROM SALARIES]
- Persons Responsible for Deducting Tax and their Duties | IT Circular 1/2019
- Rebate of Rs. 2500 for Individual having total Income uoto Rs. 3.5 Lakh (SECTON 87A) | IT Circular 1/2019
- TDS on Payment of Accumulated balance under Recognised Provident Fund and Contribution from approved Superannuation Fund