Educational qualification for recruitment to the post of Technician Grade III in Level-2 of Pay Matrix of 7th CPC
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
RBE No. 13/19
New Delhi, dated 16.01.2019.
The General Manager (P),
All Indian Railways/PUs
Chairmen, Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs).
Sub: Minimum prescribed educational qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Technician Grade III in Level-2 of Pay Matrix of 7th CPC.
Ref: Railway Board's letter No. E(NG)II/2001/RR-1/6 dated 3.8.2001.
Attention is invited to instructions under reference prescribing, inter-alia, minimum educational qualification for open market recruitment to the post of Technician Grade-III in Level -2 of Pay Matrix of 7th CPC as under:
“Act Apprenticeship/ITI in relevant trade”.
Diploma in Engineering should not be considered as an alternative higher qualification. Act Apprenticeship/ITI in relevant trade is the only qualification and no other qualification including Diploma in Engineering should be accepted as an alternative qualification on the ground of being a higher qualification in the same line of training.
2. The inclusion of the Trade of Operator Advanced Machine Tool as an eligibility qualification for the post of Technician Grade III has been under consideration of this Ministry. Accordingly, it has been examined in consultation with the technical directorates of this Ministry and it has been decided by the Board to include the Trade of Operator Advanced Machine Tool as eligibility qualification for the posts as identified and mentioned below:
- (a) Tech Gr IT (EMU)
- (b) Tech Gr.III Machinist (C&W)
- (c) Tech Gr.III Machinist (Workshop)
- (d) Tech Gr.III Mechanical (PUs)
- (e) Tech Gr.III Turner (Workshop)
3. These instructions will be applicable from the date of issue of this letter. Cases already under process will continue to be dealt in terms of earlier instructions.
4. Please acknowledge receipt.
Jt. Director Estt.(N)II
Railway BoardClick here to view/download the PDF