Creation of Creche facility in various establishments of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan | The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN
18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
New Delhi 110 016
Fax: 26514179 TEL: 26858570
The Deputy Commissioner/ Director
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
All Regional Offices/ ZIETs
Sub: The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017 - creation of Creche facility in various establishments of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan.
The Govt. of India, Ministry of Law and Justice (Legislative Department) vide gazette notification dated 28.03.2017 has inserted a new section 11A, i.e., ‘Créche facility’ in the Maternity Benefit Act as under: -
“11A. (I) Every establishment having fifty or more employees shall have the facility of créche within such distance as may be prescribed, either separately or along with common facilities:
Provided that the employer shall allow four visits a day to the créche by the woman, which shall also include the interval for rest allowed to her.
(2) Every establishment shall intimate in writing and electronically to every woman at the time of her initial appointment regarding every benefit available under the Act.”
KVS is required to implement the above provisions of Act, i.e., créche facility in all such Kendriya Vidyalayas/ Regional Offices / ZIETs/ Head Quarters where the number of employees is fifty or more.
Accordingly, you are requested to implement the above provision in all the establishments functioning under your administrative jurisdiction with proper planning.
In case of any confusion on matters contained in English and Hindi versions, the English version will prevail.
This issues with the approval of Commissioner, KVS.
(Dr. Shachi Kant)
Joint Commissioner (Pers.)
1. The Deputy Secretary (UT), MHRD for information.
2. PS to Commissioner, KVS.
3. PS to Additional Commissioner (Admn. and Acad.).
4. The Assistant Commissioner (S&S) KVS for necessary action in respect of employees of KVS (Hars).
5. Joint Commissioner (Finance/ Training, KVS.
6. Superintending Engineer, KVS.
7. Officer on Special Duty (OSD), Defence, KVS.
8. Assistant Commissioner (Estt. I and Estt. II & III), KVS for needful action.
9. Assistant Commissioner (EDP) to upload on KVS web-site.
10. All Officers, KVS Hars.
11.The Principal, KV, Moscow/ Kathmandu/ Tehran.
12.The President / General Secretary, recognized Staff Associations.
Source: Click here for Signed copy