CGHS: Clarification regarding issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period
Government of India
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi 110 11
Dated the 17th June ,2019
Subject:- Clarification regarding issue of Medicines prescribed by Specialists beyond the period for which the medicines had been advised
With reference to the above subject the undersigned is directed to state draw attention to the OM Z.15025/33/2018/DIR/CGHS/ dated the 1st May 2018 and to clarify that:
i. In Chronic cases where diagnosis has been made and line of treatment has been decided by the Specialist of CGHS/Govt. /empanelled hospital, there is no need to refer the patients just for extension of validity period of prescription. The prescriptions in such cases may be repeated by the concerned doctor of CGHS Wellness Centre.
ii. Only in such cases , wherein there is a need for modification of the diagnosis and/or modification of the line of treatment , beneficiaries should be referred to the concerned specialist.
iii. However, in case of specific anti-cancer and other immune-suppressant drugs, medicines may be issued only for such periods as advised by the concerned specialists.
These orders are in supersession of all the earlier orders on the subject.
(Dr. Atul Prakash)
1. All Ministries/Departments , Government of India through CGHS Website 2. Addi. DDG(HQ), CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
3. AD(HQ} , CGHS, R.K.Puram, Sector-12, New Delhi 4. All Addi. Directors/Joint Directors of CGHS
5. DDG(M) /CMO(SRA} , Dte.GHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
6. Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi
7. Registrar, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi
8. U.P.S.C. Dholpur House, New Delhi
9. Office of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
10. Director, Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi
11. PPS to Secretary (H&FW)/Secretary (AYUSH)/Secretary (HR}, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
12. PPS to DGHS/ SS&FA /AS&DG (CGHS)/ AS&MD, NRHM/AS(H), MoHFW, New Delhi
13. MS Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
14. MG-II Section, Dte.GHS, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
15. Hospital Empanelment Cell, CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
16. CGHS-1/11/111/IV, Dte. Gen of CGHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
17. Estt.l/Estt.11/Estt.111/Estt.IV Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
18. Admn.l/Admn .11 Section, Dte.GHS, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
19. Integrated Finance Division, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
20. All Officers/Sections/Desks in the Ministry
21. Deputy Secretary (Civil Service News), Department of Personnel & Training, 5th Floor, Sardar Patel Bhawan, New Delhi
22. Secretary, Staff Side, 13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi
23. All Staff Side Members of National Council (JCM)
24. ED(H)/Planning, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways, Rail Bhawan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi - 110001
25. Central Organization , ECHS, Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi
26. Chairman, Employees State Insurance Corporation, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Panchdeep Bhawan, C.l.G. Marg, New Delhi-110002
27. UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited, UTl-ITSL Tower, Plot No3 Sector -11, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai-400614
28. Hindi Section, MoHFW, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi for providing Hindi version of this OM.
29. Guard file